Monday, February 05, 2007

Change of scenery

The second you touch ground at JFK you know that there’s something special about NYC. Here I’m meeting up with Chris, a great guy I bumped into in Tokyo, and who later visited in Sweden where I got him seriously hooked up on the hookah. We would soon fall into the decadent, but oh so fun life of red wine, hookah and late nights…

Chris being the best host ever, gave me a Manhattan crash course with some of the best sushi, tapas and thai food I ever had, mixed of course with Swedish schnapps, vodka and wine. During the days I tried my best to cure my need for shopping that have been repressed for years, and there no better city to look for such a cure. Still only going for items essential for my trip I ended up with shoes, thermals, graphic calculator and a new backpack to give the old one a well earned retirement. Now I’m ready for every situation, challenges in the amazons or a math test in Peru, I can do it all!



1 Comments:

Blogger Natasja said...

Math test? Done. Not in Peru but other place and I have no need to such things again hehe. Amazon? Done. Just on a boat but still. Well, so far goes the resemblance, unfortunatley :-( Do I dare to continue reading your blog posts without getting envious? ;-) From Lund to the world you go, so keep updating your blog! I'll keep reading it. Take care my friend with the 1000 and changing plans...

May 6, 2007 at 12:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home